Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a Happy New Year Indeed

The second day of the New Year was made especially great when I hopped off the plane and spotted the February issue of Teen Vogue already on newsstands. Not because I love Teen Vogue (which I still do), but because Leighton Meester is on the cover, when Lucky magazine put Leighton on the cover last year it prompted me to buy the magazine even though it had never caught my eye before. To my surprise I fell in love with Lucky, from the Lucky deals to great mock ups of all the latest trends Lucky began to be my favourite monthly indulgence. The tab like stickers that they feature every month to help you bookmark what you love in the magazine don't hurt either, even if I don't use them all in Lucky I find it helpful for all the other magazines that lack Lucky's practical perfection. Anyway, back to February's issue of Teen Vogue, the spread of Leighton was interesting but I found it disappointing because I'd read almost all of it already on their website. Word to the wise, give us teasers not the entire story when you do an online post, if you give it all away there's no reason to buy the magazine anymore.

1 comment:

Tru said...

I too was dissapointed I was so excited when I saw her on the cover but the article was nothing very itneresting and even the pictures we're anything to fall in love with