Friday, March 20, 2009

LG Fashion Week: Carlton Brown

This week has been an absolute whirlwind adventure for me as I've been volunteering at LG Toronto Fashion Week. It's been a lot of hard work but amazing nonetheless and last night I began to understand why I had to be there so much. Carlton Brown's collection was simply phenomenal, and as I danced to the sounds of Sean Paul, while peeking through to catch a glimpse of my fellow Jamaican, I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride rush through me, heightening every sense in my body. I was tingling with excitement, there it was before my very eyes, one of Jamaica's own showing an exciting inventive, cohesive and bold menswear collection, while simultaneously promoting Jamaican music with Stacey McKenzie at his side. When such an occasion comes before me it is not only blogworthy but a moment where I am proudest of the land of my birth. We are as our national motto says "Out of Many One People" and Carlton Brown made us all very proud. Our vibrancy as a country showed through in his collection's vivid pops of colour, and those male models were gorgeous! All I can say now is "We likkle but wi talawa" (translation: we are small but mighty) and I am so thankful that I was able to witness this proud moment for Jamaicans all over the world!

No comments: