Friday, March 20, 2009

Thoughts

I realize now that my love for TV shows and Fashion has taken up most of my blogging regimen, and not that I don't still adore those two subject matters, but I'm thinking of starting a weekly life lesson mandate. With a mind that goes a million miles a minute like my own, I've got to find somewhere to channel all that rather profound wisdom right??? Well I'm going to try and there's no better place to start but here!

Lip service Lesson #1:
Don't string all your pearls on one necklace (translation: Don't put all your eggs in one basket!) proverbial I know, I never understood why my father was always so adamant about it, until now. Whether it's your professional or private life, don't ever not have a fall back plan, variety is after all the spice of life.

Fashion: try new things, don't get caught up in the same boring routine, check out new stores, and new styles, who knows you might find something you really love.

Love: one guy isn't a good enough prospect, don't count on him to be your prince charming, because well fairy tales don't really exist, sorry. For all intensive purposes I believe in monogamy (as an end result), but what I don't believe in is only dating exclusively, and filling your mind with the thoughts of only one person when you've got your whole life ahead of you.

Career Planning: it's all good and well to have career plans, because Ambition is a wonderful thing, but there's no excuse not to have a plan B, sometimes they'll save your life.

Whatever the case may be, don't lock yourself up into an all or nothing situation, you set yourself up for disappointment 99.9% of the time.

No comments: