Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lip service #11

This weekend was a bit of an adventure for me, up until yesterday my lip service inspiration was at a dismal low. On a little expedition of the city with a few friends that came to visit from out of town we began a search for a psychic, itching for someone to read our palms and give us a little insight into our futures. Out of 5 of us our satisfaction with our readings ranged from high 90's to the abysmal mid 50's. Some of us found her extremely accurate, while I myself was taken aback by the sheer ludicrousy of her predictions for my life. Now the sheer fact that I've been made aware of this possible life outcome makes me completely determined for my life not to end up that way and that is where I stumbled upon this weeks lip service.

Lip Service #11: The thing about seeing into the future is that once you've seen it it changes. We are creatures that determine our own destinies.

The fact that I've been made aware of my "future" makes me apprehensive and a bit more determined to choose a path that contradicts what I've been told. I like to believe and the psychic said it herself, we choose where we end up, and let's just say I'm choosing not to end up where my reading says I will.

No comments: