Friday, June 5, 2009

Lip Service #10

Truth can be found anywhere, and only the wise ones are likely to discover what is right in front of their eyes. This weeks lip service may run a bit longer than usual but as I sipped my Starbucks passion tea and savoured every bite of my ginger molasses cookie (my number one sugar vice) I stumbled upon a truth I really didn't see coming. Nuzzled in an average activity like my signature starbucks pick me up was trademark "The Way I See It", with words that told me everything I needed to know. Now maybe I'm getting a bit soft because for the first time in a long time I've got someone in my life that makes me believe in the romantic babble I've been so careful to avoid for the past few years, but I really believe that this one is true. My phobia of relationships would like to slap starbucks for knocking my sweet little notions about the confinement of commitment right on it's posterior end, but hey truth is truth I'm nothing if I don't face it.

Lip Service #10: The Way I See It #76: The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating - in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from fear that likes to dress itself up and parade itself around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.

And that truth my dears is all she wrote for now...

No comments: