Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gone Mad

Okay so if you haven't gotten it by now, I'm obsessed with Mad Men, tomorrow is the Season 3 premiere (YAY!). I'd like to abduct the hair and wardrobe stylists pronto - because if it's one thing no other primtime show can touch (except maybe gossip girl in the fashion department) it's the styling. I've never been so tempted to smoke a cigarette (no I haven't and of course I won't), but still this show is just amazing. When one of my favourite professors said it was everything we study about and more (in cultural studies) I was a more than a little bit interested, but I could never figure out how to work it into my busy schedule. Now that I'm all caught up on season's one and two I vow never to miss another episode. Plus it's set in New York, in a time when I should have been alive - my soul is kindred spirits with the 1960's and there's no getting around that. It's so twisted and juicy, after all it's where (even) the truth lies. I'm excited for tomorrow night, it's amazing how much TV keeps me happy - I guess that's the life of a pop culture junkie. I'm off to attempt one of those crazy artistry like updo's, next week it's the Betty Draper coiff.

No comments: