Monday, December 8, 2008

Gossip Girl: Waldass Translation

As you all are well aware I’ve never been much of a Waldass (or Chair) fan because I consider myself a purist to the books, not that I don’t love the show, it gets my week started on the right foot and I’d consider myself a fanatic. After much dismay I must say I’ve finally been converted over to the darkside. Even though I’d love for the Nate and Blair saga to continue some time in the future, I’ve come to love and appreciate their antics and that whole star-crossed lovers thing that Blair and Chuck have going on. After last nights episode I’m no longer on the fence about this twosome, Blair really loves him and I say ‘Give the Queen what she wants!’ But poor Chuck in the midst of all this, he’s become a very lonely orphan. How does one deal with losing their parents on the upper-east side, holing yourself up in your fathers hotel and drowning yourself in booze and the company of women seemed like the Chuck Bass way, but what about his one true love? Will he eventually come back to her, a little less soulless and more ready to love her? We can only hope, after that touching moment with them crying together on Blair’s bed only for Chuck to disappear yet again when Blair fell asleep. Or will Blair go looking for him, disregarding the note he left on her pillow? I personally hope the latter, their relationship just got good and in the midst of all this chaos I’d hate for them not to follow through.

As for the rest of the Gossip Girl Cast, as one love triangle, namely Bart-Lily-Rufus comes to an end; another one takes its place Aaron-Serena-Dan. But what can we say for the romances that seem to have met their untimely end. How could Lily not tell Rufus that they had a child? Why doesn't Celia stay out of her daughters life? Can it really be over now that Rufus knows? If Rufus has anything to say about it I guess so, and that just leaves more drama for our other triangle to stir up. Now that Dan got the free and clear from dear old dad, what will Serena do when she comes back from Buenos Aires. Since the recent Waldorf-Rose nuptials we can assume that Aaron isn’t going anywhere, but we don’t expect Serena to fall out of love with Dan so easily do we, especially now that her mother’s love affair is over? And we don’t expect Dan to go out without a fight!

Spotted: Waldass in an ad campaign for Nikon’s new line of Coolpix cameras. I’ve got to say they look adorable & those camera's look pretty good too (I know what I want for Christmas). Where: You can find the ad spread in the current issues of Teen Vogue and Lucky.

No comments: