Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lip Service #2

It seems I've hit a stride of good luck in life, everything's going my way, (except for the relationship stuff) but I'm inclined to believe it's going the way my subconscious wants it to. I don't believe that I'm carrying around a super good luck charm so I'm more willing to believe in this week's Lip Service.

Lip Service Lesson #2: Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. (Little Black Book) Except for matters concerning love.

So it's not like everything good that ever happens to you is due to some preparation, but the really good things are usually things you prep endlessly for. I think I've hit a stride of balance when it comes to Work, School, Career Planning and Fashion. For the most part I've planned everything out, and it's working out just as I had hoped. I've blended my style into the perfect cross between Audrey Hepburn Classic and Island Flavour. I've got an internship for the summer and my summer job too, grades are for the first time in a while better than I even expected, and my career plans are off the ground running. But I'm convinced that love has nothing to do with luck, your love life isn't the result of serious planning, but it does need the opportunity to grow. You can't plan something you can't control, and if you're controlling your love life, I suggest you take a step back and free yourself. =D

PS: Little Black Book = Good Movie; a more honest take on the dating world than most of us ever see in the movies

2 comments:

Tru said...

this was a decent movie...not one of my favorites though I do like that its not your tradtional romantic comedy...cool idea with the mantras of the week thing. i like it

Chanelle Sicard said...

It's not my favourite either, but its one of the few romantic comedies that I think has some good realism and for that I appreciate what it has to offer...
Thanks, I'm liking the mantras too, it's only a couple weeks in but I'm seeing some promise, plus it allows me to vent about things relevant to my life =D