Friday, May 29, 2009

Lip Service #9

I've been talking to a few friends about which of my friendships are the strongest and why. It occurs to me that my relationships are strongest when my friends confront me. I seem to have this notion in my head that the only books I find good and the only people I find interesting are those that without pause call me out with as much disregard for my feelings as possible. I like to hide from myself, I self destruct so I don't have to face the truth... So what I need in my life are people and materials that refuse to let me hide. I think I'm privileged to have friends like this and I guess it takes some serious measures of maturity to not hate these people and push them out of my life. The only way we can truly grow is to open ourselves up to seeing ourselves rather than the facets of ourselves that we'd like to see. So my lip service for the week comes from my own life lessons on soul searching and self analysis:

Lip Service #9: We must allow others to show us the things we can't see in ourselves. Self discovery comes when we acknowledge ourselves fully and lay down our facade.

Now I'm off to enjoy my weekend I hope you all do the same.

That's all she wrote for now...

No comments: