Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lip Service #12

So there was this boy that I absolutely positively adored, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get him out of my mind, but I knew deep down it was pointless. We wanted different things, were completely different people and would probably never agree on anything. Now when I was a teenager those kinds of relationships were the ones I thrived on, the constant fighting and arguing gave me such a rush and the drama was exciting, but now I don't have the time for it so I let prince charming pass me by. Yes I said prince charming, imagine everything you ever wanted in a man plus an ample amount of bonuses personified, well that was him for me... My problem - I don't do commitment and no matter how perfect he is i'm still not ready. So there I sat last night watching PS I Love You (a hilarious book by the way), only to hear the perfect proverbial chick's way to say exactly how I was feeling. Some may say square peg round hole, but this one fits so much better:

Lip Service #12: Your like a pair of shoes that I really want to buy, but they just don't fit!

A different time a different place and it could have all been perfect!

No comments: