Tuesday, May 18, 2010

OMFG: Gossip Girl Season Finale

You know I check spoilers more than I should, so the first half of Gossip Girl was everything I expected it to be. I have to wonder if it would have been better if I didn't know that Jenny was going to sleep with Chuck, but I can safely thank the GG Cast & Crew for keeping tight lipped about the second half of the finale. It felt like a sneak attack, everything was as it should be, I knew Chuck was going to propose and that it was going to go horribly awry. But I have to say this finale set up next season for a few OMFG moments. For starters I'm hearing rumors of the Season 4 premiere being filmed in Paris! I'm expecting season 4 to be bigger and better than ever. As for Jenny, am I allowed to say "THANK GOD SHE'S GONE?," or is it too soon? Who really believes that Dan is the father of Georgie's baby? As for Nate turning from the knight in shining armor to Chuck 2.0, he could get interesting, or STD's (sorry I had to say it). But the biggest bang of all wasn't little J throwing away her V card, or finding out that Serena and Dan still have feelings for one another, or even Blair putting the Bitch back in Queen B, but Chuck lying in an alley being shot after trying to hold on to what I can only guess was at least a 4 carat Harry Winston Engagement ring for Blair! It brought me to tears, and as you may all remember I've never been a die hard Chuck & Blair fan.

As I said last night after the GG finale on twitter, rather incoherently I might add: "OMFG! NOOOOO! Chuck! Gha! *tears*." I'm still not sure anything but that tweet explains how completely and utterly flummoxed I was after the finale.

Did I mention that I love that Gossip Girl always finds a way to intertwine the plot with famous love stories, I don't care what anyone says, the writers are brilliant!

No comments: