Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Got Lucky!

At first glance Lucky Magazine has never been one to catch my eye. For some strange reason I’d always overlooked it, until they put my favourite new actress on the cover. The August 2008 issue of Lucky boasts the beautiful, talented and slightly quirky Leighton Meester as its cover girl. If you’ve been reading my blog you probably know that I’ve got my eye on everything Leighton Meester, including and most importantly her alter ego, Gossip Girl’s Blair Waldorf. Lucky’s spread on Leighton goes through her current can’t-live-without list, a list I’ve come to hold dear to my own things-I-really-want list. If it’s one thing on her list that I can afford and had to have it has to be the velvet flocked hangers. Who hasn’t experienced the annoying inconvenience of going to the trouble of hanging all their clothes up, only to have them fall to the floor at the first sign of movement? Pick up Lucky’s August issue for Leighton’s full list of necessities. Other than my obvious approval of Leighton’s spread in the magazine, I must say that the layout was rather intriguing, and I couldn’t ask for better content. Packed with their signature “Lucky Breaks”: their special deals and discounts exclusive to those people sensible enough to pick up the magazine, and a selection of wardrobe pieces that equivocate to a what to wear bible, this magazine should be every fashionista’s best friend. As a little added bonus Lucky included a sticker sheet for readers to mark their favourites, making my post it’s obsolete (Thank God!).

No comments: