Monday, July 28, 2008

White Dark Knight


If it isn’t enough that Christian Bale is the best Batman EVER, and that he’s positively lustful, the film was phenomenal. It is packed with action, unexpected twists and turns and a great cast. Heath Ledgers portrayal of the Joker was absolutely sadistic, it was perfect! There’s so much I could say about this film, but won’t because I don’t want to spoil it for those poor unfortunate souls who haven’t gotten to the theatre yet. I can’t help but feel terribly sad from the loss of Heath Ledger, his performance redefined villainous to proportions beyond lunacy. I’d like to take a moment of silence in memory of Heath, [moment] and then go into more detail about the film. I actually felt like crying when Bruce Wayne crashed the Lamborghini, such a beautiful car should never be mistreated like that, but moving on. I loved the cast, yes, but I’m still wondering why they went with Maggie Gyllenhaal instead of Katie Holmes. For a super hero movie there were so many things I didn’t see coming, which is a challenge considering how much we’ve all seen before, it caters to the technology junkie in all of us and that yearning for the rare combination of good actors with a good script. Go see it, you won’t be disappointed.

No comments: