Sunday, September 7, 2008

Rekindling My Love for TV

This past week was the jump start on the CW’s earlier season premieres, and I have to say the flame is still there. Okay so I was a bit disappointed with the One Tree Hill Season Premiere, it had its intense moments and the crazy Nanny Carrie is back and bringing with her a load of drama with a capital D(an). I found myself asking why the hell Lucas is with Peyton, no offence to all you Leyton fans but Peyton really does bore me. Brooke and Lucas however are my favourite One TreOe Hill couple of all time. So after the episode I went spoiler searching to find out if it’s really over between them, I mean marriage never means much to the writers now does it. I’m happy to report for all the Brucas/Looke fans that Leyton may not be living so happily ever after; throughout the season Lucas and Brooke will be faced with their not so dead feelings. The love triangle continues, and I’m oh so happy for it. I hope Brooke’s okay from her run in with the robber and that both Nanny Carrie and Dan spontaneously combust in that house she’s keeping him in, I’ll Miss Marvin McFadden and Millicent if they actually stay away their the only stable couple in the entire group.

On another note, did anyone understand America’s Next Top Model’s new Techno/Galactic vibe, because I sure as hell didn’t. Tyra redeemed herself with the rest of the episode, but I have to wonder is ANTM running out of ideas on how to make it interesting. So within the top 14, 13 remain and I’ve obviously already picked my top and bottom 5. I’ll start with the girls I think have the goods to win and an appealing personality along with it (in no specific order at the moment I don’t know them well enough to label them yet). Majorie’s nervous yet adorable nature is intriguing and her bone structure is pretty damn awesome. Elina is so different I couldn’t help but love her, it seems like she understands herself pretty well and I can’t wait to see how that translates into her photos. Kimora Lee #2 had to be on the list, the Harlem Honey Sheena has so much personality it’s hard not to think she’s going somewhere in this competition. Isis, yes I know she was born a man and all that but I admire her strength and determination and going on a show that is watched internationally and broadcasting that takes some serious guts, she’s got potential and as much as other people say she doesn’t belong I think she does. McKey, if that girl isn’t high fashion I don’t know what is, she’s got it in the bag if she can quit being so damn awkward in front of the camera. Now for the bottom 5, the girls that I barely remember or just don’t like. Nikeysha, sorry girl but something about you just doesn’t fit, maybe when Tyra does your make over you’ll make a serious transformation because that shoulder length cut with bangs is making your face look scary skinny. Clark, she’s already my least favourite person in the house, maybe if this sheltered little southern bell gets a taste of the real world I’ll like her better but for now I think she’s too closed minded. The only thing I remember about Lauren Brie is that she scares me and she has a big forehead, I hope they soften her up a little bit in the makeovers. As for the two I don’t remember Analeigh and Samantha there isn’t much I can say except get some camera time, viewers need to see you’re personality, the good, the bad, and the ugly. As September goes by more season premieres will trickle in and I’ll have so much more to talk about.

I’m going to start posting my weekly predictions for whose getting the boot on ANTM next week, who knows my top 5 may even change

No comments: