Friday, October 23, 2009

The Arsenal

Every girl has her fashion and beauty must haves, the old faithfuls that she'll always go back to no matter what. A concept that makeup companies sometimes don't understand, especially when they decide to discontinue something. Up until I started university the use of makeup was foreign to me, I relied on one thing good old vaseline (the all purpose lip gloss, moisturiser, and sometimes even make up remover). Those days seem so far removed today when my beauty kit is practically overflowing (and in need of some spring cleaning now that I think of it), I've reached the point in my life where I've determined at the very least, half of what works for me, and I've begun to compose my very own arsenal.

The Back Saver
Maidenform's backless bra


As a pretty well endowed female I'd come to hate the backless numbers that looked so cute but offered no semblance of support. I'd written them off as something I wouldn't be able to wear, but thanks to maidenform, that's a song I no longer have to sing, the backless bra actually works, so now I can feel free to show off my nicely toned back muscles (if I do say so myself)!

The Lash Master
Lash Blast from Cover Girl

Forget all the hightech gadgetry with the vibrating wands and the circular shaped tip (my absolute least favourite), nothing makes my thick but not so long lashes pop quite like this baby. I remember when it came out, a friend of mine had chastised me about my mascara obsession and kept me from buying it for months, but I knew even before I'd tried it that this was the answer to my lashful woes.

The Magic Maker
Vasanti Magic Liner

I stumbled upon this treasure during my internship at Sweetspot.ca. As a girl who hates using average colour combinations and loves to make liner out of all of her shadows, I've finally found my (not so secret) secret weapon. Before this gem popped up out of obscurity I was confined to mixing a little visine with my shadows and an eyeliner brush (a perfectly adequate solution if you can't get your hands on this baby).

The Gam Poser
Hue Stockings
I've admittedly hated my legs for most of my life, and as I move up into adulthood and accept my toned yet huge thighs I have found their must have accessory, from the lace flowers to the diamond prints to just plain old blacks and blues, Hue gives my legs that extra something that makes me look past how big they are and for lack of a better word sexifies them.

The Foot Doctor
Airplus Foot Cushions


As a shorty standing at 5 foot 3 inches I wear heels as much as I can, which can wreak havoc on my feet, after the Fall LG Fashion Week earlier this year I discovered the most amazing cure to my tootsie troubles. I can wear my heels anywhere, dance the night away and (almost) never have to be that girl walking out of the club barefoot with shoes in hand. These gel cushions give me that extra comfort I need to make those extra ten steps to my door after a night on the town.

No comments: