Friday, October 23, 2009

LG Fashion Week - The Rundown


After a week at the tents I'm exhausted, but now it's time for a rundown of the entire week. Plagued by bad weather that couldn't make up its mind between the sunshine and the rain, the cold and a few degrees above that, LG Fashion Week still came out shining. From the Chandeliers in the Showroom to the garments on the Runway, this season's show was decadent & phenomenal. My favourite moments? Maybe it was almost interrupting Stacy McKenzie mid-interview and living to talk about it. OR the fact that I did get a pretty good look at almost every collection shown this week, either way I had fun. This season started off collaborating
Fashion with the Shakespearean Era, featuring lots of lace, capes and lavish fabrics (I'm a sucker for any literature references). Between the Barbie by David Dixon collection and the show's featuring of the soundtrack to Funny Face and a clip from the film I was completely floored by the homage to my favourite Audrey Hepburn classic, not to mention the collection. Aside from my Audrey Hepburn love affair, that makes me completely biased - the NADA show was my absolute favourite, I'd be willing to say this collection was the perfect Spring collection, with just the right combination of florals, lace, and an ethereal quality, NADA's at the top of my list of favourite Canadian Designers. My biggest disappointment: not being able to see the September Issue (but hey I'll see it very soon =D).


The NADA Show

Barbie by David Dixon

Opening Night @ LG Fashion Week
(I love this cape!)

Opening Night @ LG Fashion Week
(Loved the combination of pink, lace and the cape)

Opening Night @ LG Fashion Week


No comments: