Monday, May 11, 2009

It's a Woman's World: Jennifer Hudson's Proposal

Okay so she was already engaged, he proposed to her a year ago for her birthday but nevertheless the girl popped the question to her already fiance with a five carat diamond and platinum engagement ring by Neil Lane to match her equally exquisite five carat round centre stone platinum ring, also by Neil Lane. It's one of those things that has always haunted me, the history that accompanies the engagement ring always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But today I think I may have found a cure, I've always pondered: so if I get engaged is that engagement ring an archaic remnant of past traditions that symbolize matrimonial slavery (I sound extreme but it has historical truth)! Well Jennifer Hudson just solved my problem; it goes both ways. I've never been willing to give up my autonomy, so if I wear an engagement ring (note to my future hubby) expect to wear one too! That is a compromise I'll live with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems fair. Most men don’t wear an engagement ring, but there’s definitely no reason for them not to! Plus, if you’re both in the market for matching rings, you can tell your man exactly what you want. After all, what better way to drop the hint that you want a platinum engagement ring than to buy him a platinum engagement ring at the same time?