Friday, May 8, 2009

Lip Service #7

This week I started a new journey of some sorts, upon walking through the doors on the first day of my internship I was greeted by a canvas on the wall, scrawled across which is my sweet and simple but nevertheless powerful lip service for the week.

Lip Service #7: Some people pursue happiness; Others create it.

It makes so much sense not to search for something when the answer is within, we have the power to create our own brands of happiness. It was as if something had clicked, when I think of it now I think it should be common sense, and right there is where I prove to myself that for all its worth it can never be. Regardless of what the constitution says its not the divine right to pursue happiness but the right to create it that's worth its weight in gold. I'll continue to take my cues from the characters of Lipstick Jungle even if the tv show doesn't return.

No comments: