Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lip service #6

I opened this book thinking I'd start the summer off with a bit of meaningless, frivolous reading, and instead I was confronted with a future image of myself that is lets just say, not what I want. Reading for identification I suppose is my weakness, I constantly see facets of myself in the books that I read that entrance me and keep me wholly consumed in the lives of the characters in the books. I cringe when they cringe, I feel what they feel, and it's become somewhat unavoidable. Today I read something that hit home so hard it was startling, so my lip service of the day is:

Lip Service #6: I'm blessed and cursed with "a heart that invites people without permission, holds them in a special place she never had any say in and then yearns for them to remain there longer than they plan" - (Cecilia Ahern, If You Could See me Now)

It's why I tend to gravitate to the idea of never letting my heart see the light of day. But it's also something that has brought so much joy and happiness into my life, maybe the things I can't control are the best things a control freak like me can ever hope for, and maybe just maybe I should find solace in not having a stranglehold on that as I do on everything else.

No comments: