Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lip Service #8

I'm one of those people that hates talking about their feelings, all the vulnerability and openness is like a big flaging red danger sign that I've gotten into the habit of taking a detour away from. So where has my detour landed me, I suppose some would call me terminally single, maybe it's because of my irrefutable denial of having actual feelings or the fact that I'm as picky when it comes to men as a serious art collector would be about picking out the next piece to add to their collection. Truth be told I'm terrified of the idea that I could possibly like someone that they could potentially change my entire outlook on life. Recently somethings hit me, being single for too long is just as bad as being in a relationship for too long. Change is good, and even if that change requires somewhat unsettling risks that require that we open ourselves up to the possibility of failure (an option I've also never really welcomed), risks must be taken for personal growth and for us to be able to thrive instead of continuing to survive as we have been. So my lip service for the week puts these risks into contexts and offers some actual advice that I'm actually trying to take.

Lip Service #8: Forget the risk, take the fall if its what you want its worth it all.

No comments: