Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grecian Goddess


Take a page out of Aphrodite’s book, though the toga was actually formal attire for Greek men just like the kilts of Scotland, women wear it better! Show off your tan taut skin, toned shoulders and beautiful collarbone in a one-shoulder ensemble. I love this 2008 trend, think Katherine Heigl’s stunning crimson Escada dress at the Oscars, or more recently Carrie Bradshaw’s giant hibiscus dress in SATC, not to mention it’s one of the top wedding dress trends of the year. Whether it’s your swimsuit, a top or an asymmetrical gown, think TOGA! I obviously couldn’t promote togas without shamelessly hinting towards my favourite style icon. Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s (or in any other movie for that matter), who wouldn’t want to throw a shindig dressed in a bed sheet after watching this beauty carouse around a room like she was floating on air. I’ve got my eye out for one-shoulder pieces all around town, I most recently ordered a purple top from pinkicestore.com and I love it, I can wear it to a club as a dress or to dinner as a top.

P.S. Let me know if you find something I’d like.

No comments: