Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Trend Watch: The Three S’s

Stockings

Prior to the premiere of the show that makes my world a better place, also known as Gossip Girl, I had started on a collection of pantyhose/stockings. By the time Gossip Girl showed up I had a couple from Betsey Johnson and I must say I absolutely adored the things, and then to my delight my favourite character on the show, Blair Waldorf started sporting my new favourite wardrobe piece. I’d been searching endlessly for the perfect pair of lace stockings, and good news I finally found them! And the brand that manufactures my favourite pair of stockings is (drum roll please…) Hue, these beauties go for $8 a pop, a steal for such perfection. The Hue Tonal Floral Lace Sheers style #3427 are my pick, they have just the right amount of lace and the right amount of sheer. I’ve also fallen in love with the Lily of France thigh highs, boasting lace detail at the top they’re my sexy fix for any occasion even if it’s just me alone in my room checking out how hot they make my legs look. Check Macy's, Bare Necessities or Amazon.com.


Scarves

These delicious little things are everywhere in bright yummy colourful shades. My rule for the season is to get as many as you can. If you’re looking for a couple stop by Forever 21, there so many different styles and colours to choose from you’re bound to find something you like. I have my eye on their H81 Silk Scarf in Teal, but since I live in Canada and the only Forever 21 we have is downtown Toronto I’ll be coveting it for at least another week. Who knows when I finally get down there I might decide to pick one up in purple, yellow and red as well. It’s 100% silk and $8.90 each there’s no reason why I shouldn’t get one to match every colour of the rainbow.


Sunglasses

Okay so its summer and even though I have a really bad habit of breaking at least one pair of sunglasses a summer I can’t help myself from going out and looking for another perfect pair. Besides the fact that last summer I bought about 4 of the same frame sunglasses in different colours from Kenneth Cole Reaction and all but one ended up breaking on me I refuse to give up on this staple to my summer wardrobe. Right now I like them oversized, with thick plastic frames. While I’m fixating on the 80’s purple square frames seen above I’m still on the lookout for the perfect Audrey-esque round frames that fit my high cheekbones.

No comments: