Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Sex was good. Nay the sex was GREAT!


Our favourite female foursome hit the box office this weekend in style (as if they could do anything else). I went to see it the first chance I got and I loved it! Taking a show with such stature and such a high reputation to the big screen was no easy test, but they did it and they did right. Sex and the City is a hit: just the right combination of sex, Manolo's and friendship! Now I don’t want to give anything away so all I’ll say is the ending was kismet. For those of you who haven’t seen it, shame on you and get out there now and “Get Carried Away”. I was bursting with pleasure as I was transported back into the world of those four beautiful women. It had its laughter, its tears, cosmo’s and a heavy dose of sex and fashion. With Samantha’s insatiable appetite, Charlotte’s adorable perfectionism, Miranda’s cynical outlook on life and Carrie’s quest for love in the big city the film was destined for greatness. There were times I was worried about my favourite foursome but in the end everything was as it should have been. I fell in love with Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha all over again. I envied their friendship the whole way through, and after watching them in their final debut thought to myself, it’s friends like those that make your life. You’d expect nothing less than an tantalising fashion prescription from these women of New York who have nurtured the inner fashionista in all of us for the last ten years. It was the perfect goodbye to the women of Sex and the City who will live on in each of us; after all they each represent a different part of every woman’s persona.

No comments: