Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'll Move to Rockferry


Okay so I know my mandate above says tv, movies, books, and fashion but there's something that's not one of those things that I have to make my feelings known about. I think it’s safe to say that everyone loves music, those of us who are tone deaf included. Besides the fact that I love the song "Mercy" (you may have heard it in the Grey’s Anatomy Season Finale) and that this album has been touted with the silver medal on Flare Magazine’s "Summer Soundtrack" list this album has a lot more to say than "pick me up". Yes, when I'm driving in my car I'd probably rather hear tracks that I can belt out like Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love" or Usher's "Love in this Club" but there’s something about Duffy's debut album "Rockferry" that is so soothing. I can't think of a record that I would rather listen to while getting my much appreciated vitamin D intake or while I'm relaxing at home. Duffy's fusion of her soothing vocals with her Motown like sound has an infectious vibe that has me just about ready to call this one of the best summer albums. She’s reminiscent of Amy Winehouse, minus the drugs and the rehab. Every girl that's ever had a guy that give her too little too late should love "Delayed Devotion", in Duffy’s words “don’t waste your money on syrup and honey because [she’s] sweet enough”. Whether you buy the album, download it, or stream it, just give it a listen.

No comments: