Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Fantastic Four: Scarves

It's not that scarves are the most practical accessory, but they're just so darn pretty. I'll wear a scarf around my neck, tied to my purse, and wrapped around my head all because these cuts of fabric look so beautiful. I'll sit down on the floor of a vintage store and rummage through the buckets of scarves to uncover these buried treasures and I don't think I'll ever stop.

From Top Left to Bottom Right:
(1) Foulard - 'Seventy' Scarf; $140.00, Yoox.com. Tons of color make this the perfect seventies chic scarf for a head-tie. (2) Matthew Williamson - 'Batik-print wool-blend' Scarf; $495.00, Net-a-Porter.com. Forget about the weather, I'll wear this in the winter or the summer because it's my favorite thing: colorful. (3) Philippe Roucou - 'Polaroid' Scarf; $349.00, Farfetch.com. I'm in love with this designers take on the scarf, they're like enlarged polaroid prints that I get to admire, tie, and carry. (4) Square Lust - 'Dancing Birds Silk Scarf'; $250.00, Boticca.com. I don't know if I'm just in a Black Swan state of mind or what but this scarf's illustration of bent legs and arms speaks to the dark side of the revered ballerina.

No comments: