Saturday, January 22, 2011

From Film to Fashion

Reversible Turban from Madame Framboise; $59.00, Boticca.com

It's my belief in life that everything can be likened to an Audrey Hepburn movie, at least everything in my life. From fashion to philosophy, I can more than likely always tie something back to the woman who taught me a lot about 'how to be lovely.' Moonriver remains one of my favorite songs, simply because its notes of longing and complexity lurk beneath the surface, and Audrey Hepburn's reprisal was, in my completely biased opinion, made for her. Audrey poses off along the windowsil on the fire escape with a guitar in hand and her hair tied up in a towel made to look like a turban. The turban may not have been meant to be as chic as it has become, but everytime I see one or wrap my head in a scarf in the same manner I can't help but picture myself as Audrey Hepburn while humming or belting out a little bit of 'Moonriver.' This reversible turban is perfection, if only I could have a few scarfs made the same way, I'd be in heaven.

No comments: