Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Want to Feel Like: Marie Antoinette


I'm not sure which I adore more the French baroque style or French confections like the macaron and croissants. Either way I'd like to follow Marie Antoinette's lead and eat some cake. I'm quite convinced that reincarnation exists, how else can I explain my love for almost every decade and century of fashion we've documented. Right now I'm enraptured by the decadence of French baroque, the extravagance of crystal chandeliers, and the like. Interestingly enough, I'm obsessed with pearls of all shapes and sizes, and although I didn't make the connection, the word baroque initially referred to imperfect, rough pearls. Nevertheless, today I woke up and I thought: I want to feel like Marie Antoinette, and these picks are how I'd do it.

From Top Left to Bottom Right:
(1) Macarons; $2.10, Nadege Patisserie, Toronto, ON. Insanely delectable confections in one cute boutique patisserie, Nadege brings a little bit of France to North America. (2) Erickson Beamon - Talking Heads Chandelier; $40,000.00, Vivre.com. An uber luxurious chandelier, handmade using pearls, Swarovski crystals, vintage cameos and vintage jewelry pieces, also named after the 70s band. (3) Pink French Baroque Chair; $1110, FrenchTouchDeco. A contemporary French baroque designed hot pink chair that'll be the perfect accompaniment to a vanity or white washed desk. (4) Baroque Carved Cabinet; £880, The French Bedroom Company. I can never have too many things to hold my hoards of jewelry and clothing and the detail on this cabinet is utterly divine.

No comments: