Monday, January 17, 2011

Red Carpet: Golden Globes Jewels

Jewel tones were hot on the red carpet last night and at least one of my faves was a surprise. I usually hate what January Jones wears, partially because I can't really differentiate between my dislike of Betty Draper and the actual woman behind the character. Nevertheless, I have to hand it to January Jones, that red Versace fringe gown was out of this world stunning, proving that her Grace Jones-esque looks work best when she's glammed up circa 50s and 60s style. I gravitate to the color green, and Mila Kunis and Catherine Zeta Jones look positively stunning. The emerald hue of Mila 'Sweet Lips' (according to Natalie Portman) Kunis' ruched Vera Wang dress couldn't have been more flattering, I kept hoping to catch another glimpse of it during the camera scans throughout the entire show. Catherine Zeta Jones's beauty would radiate in a paper bag, but this Monique Lhuillier ball gown has heightened her goddess like divinity. Surprisingly, accessories were at a lull for the evening, letting the pops of color really set in on the red carpet.

No comments: